SOTD: Daft Punk

For my drive up to Princeton y'day, I burned a bunch of new cds, all of which ended up failing. Good thing I had DB's mix from the Gary party in there too. Bless his soul, the man included not one, but two bangers from the now world-famous Daft Punk set at Coachella 2006 that we had the great fortune of attending. Probably my #1 show, honestly.

The sound quality of the recording is not great, but it doesn't matter. I was immediately transported to that big white tent - thousands of people, friends at my side, dancing, sweating, singing, laughing, fist pumping... getting my mind blown and my bones rattled and being a part of something transcendent. Got-damn it was good!!! I kinda wish I could do it all over again, but if we had expected it, it wouldn't have been the same. It was the definition of right place, right time.

This recording is not from that show, but they put out a live album shortly after that tour, and it's basically the same. Needless to say, I was rocking the truck out! And what's more fun than that??

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.