QOTD: Minor Threat

"You tell me that nothing matters
You're just f@#%ing scared!

You tell me that i'm better
You just hate yourself!

You tell me that you like her
You just wish you did!

You tell me that i make no difference
Well at least i'm f@#%ing tryinnnnng
What the f@#% have you done!?"

- 'In My Eyes'

I passed Ian MacKaye - lead singer of Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Fugazi, Embrace, & currently The Evens, founder of the legendary Dischord Records, and general punk rock icon / sage - on my way to school yesterday. It's not everyday you share the crosswalk with an idol of your youth. He had a little boy on his shoulders, presumably walking him to school, like a good dad. I would expect nothing less from such a fiercely moral, dedicated man. That guy is truly a role model - always speaking the truth and living up to the principles and expectations he set in his music.

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.