QOTD: Dr. Dog

"It's all in how you look at it."

- 'It'

Confronted with times of transition and change, one inevitably engages in all varieties of retrospect: nostalgia, regret, pride, longing, riddance. It's hard to put it all in its proper context. So as I mentally prepare for my imminent departure from DC, I am taking this idea to heart. It's all in how you look at it. Love that.

The song isn't much, musically, so I'm throwing in another one from the new Dr. Dog. These guys catch a surprising amount of flak, in my opinion. Charged with overreliance on 60s influences, I wonder, what's inherently bad about that? If you're gonna draw from anyone - and it's no secret every musician does - why not the Beatles? What matters is that they do it well. The Dog writes excellent songs that feel immediately familiar and are guaranteed to stick in your head. They remind me of the jukebox at the back of my favorite neighborhood dive bar. That's a good thing.


Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.