QOTD: Hot Water Music

"What’s the going rate on industrial slavery these days?
(Who cares!? It pays!)"

- 'Blackjaw’

I’m a few days late, but I thought of this song when I heard the deeply saddening news about the West Virginia miners and the outrageous, unforgivable, just... infuriating behavior by their employers, the Massey Energy Co.

HWM wrote more than a couple songs about, or invoking, the plight of labor workers and opened my eyes in the process. People, of course, learn in different ways - music has always been a particularly potent medium for me. "And I know because of KRS-ONE..."

One thoughts on “QOTD: Hot Water Music

  1. i love that i just gave that sweatshirt back. and i love this post.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.