SOTD: Paul Simon

"The next thing I remember, I'm walking down a street
I'm feeling alright I'm with my boys, I'm with my troops, yeah
And down along the avenue some guys are shootin' pool
And I heard the sound of acapella groups, yeah

Singin' late in the evening, and all the girls out on the stoops, yeah

Then I learned to play some lead guitar, I was underage in this funky bar
And I stepped outside to smoke myself a J-eeeee
When I come back to the room, everybody just seemed to move
And I turned my amp up loud and I began to play

It was late in the evening, and I blew that room away"

- 'Late in the Evening'

The next time you have an opportunity to celebrate, I recommend this song. It was my post-bar exam victory jam, and frankly, it slayed. The rumba beat, the joyful horns, the triumphant lyrics - you really couldn't put together a better vibe.

Paul Simon is such a character, huh?

By the way, everybody loves the sound of the train in the distance. Everybody thinks it's true...

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.