Rediscover: Pearl Jam

On a whim, I threw Versus in the car for my recent drive to San Diego... and I got surprised.

Song 1: 'Go,' A fast, fearsome, post-punk rant that immediately made me rethink the lethargic, crunchy connotations of the grunge era. Eddie Vedder at his head-bangingest and the rest of the band egging him on.

And the last song: 'Indifference,' a soulful, semi-political ballad that practically bleeds. I definitely got my soundproofed EV impersonation going on full blast. What a jam.

Consider me a fan, all over again. Time to dig through the catalog!





(And for good measure, their first SNL appearance, a triumphant showcase for everyone in the band... and a shocking window into early '90s Seattle style.)

Leave a Reply

Proudly powered by Blogger
Theme: Esquire by Matthew Buchanan.
Converted by LiteThemes.com.